The March stories ordered solely on my personal tastes.
- ‘The Doll Queen’ by Carlos Fuentes
- ‘Mystery In São Cristóvão’ by Clarice Lispector
- ‘The Decapitated Chicken’ by Horacio Quiroga
- ‘Sansini’ by Roberto Bolaño
- ‘The Fifth Story’ by Clarice Lispector
- ‘The Balcony’ by Filisberto Hernández
- ‘The Photograph’ by Enrique Amorim
- ‘The Crime Of The Mathematics Professor’ by Clarice Lispector
- ‘Peace On High’ by Rómulo Gallegos
- ‘The Handsomest Drowned Man In The World’ by Gabriel García Márquez
- ‘A Sincere Friendship’ by Clarice Lispector
- ‘The Book Of Sand’ by Jorge Luis Borges
- ‘The Buffalo’ by Clarice Lispector
- ‘Who, Me A Bum?’ by Luisa Valenzuela
- ‘The Threshold’ by Cristina Peri Rossi
As always, join the conversation in the comments section below, on SSMT Facebook or on Twitter @ShortStoryMT.
Subscribe to the Short Story Magic Tricks Monthly Newsletter to get the latest short story news, contests and fun.