The October stories ordered solely on my personal tastes.
- ‘The Sphinx’ by Edgar Allan Poe
- ‘The Pram’ by Roddy Doyle
- ‘The Invalid, Or The Bedridden’ by Patricia Highsmith
- ‘The Female Novelist’ by Patricia Highsmith
- ‘Stone Mattress’ by Margaret Atwood
- ‘The Coquette’ by Patricia Highsmith
- ‘Mark Of Satan’ by Joyce Carol Oates
- ‘The Adventure Of The German Student’ by Washington Irving
- ‘You Can’t Be Any Poorer Than Dead’ by Flannery O’Connor
- ‘Paranoia’ by Shirley Jackson
- ‘The Hand’ by Patricia Highsmith
- ‘The Fully Licensed Whore, Or, The Wife’ by Patricia Highsmith
- ‘The Mirror’ by Haruki Murakami
- ‘Asleep In Armageddon’ by Ray Bradbury
- ‘The Middle-Class Housewife’ by Patricia Highsmith
- ‘The Breeder’ by Patricia Highsmith
- ‘The Flowering Of The Strange Orchid’ by H.G. Wells
- ‘The Bold Dragoon, Or The Adventure Of My Grandfather’ by Washington Irving
- ‘The Annex’ by Amy Hempel
- ‘The Afterlife’ by Jonathan Lethem
As always, join the conversation in the comments section below, on SSMT Facebook or on Twitter @ShortStoryMT.
Subscribe to the Short Story Magic Tricks Monthly Newsletter to get the latest short story news, contests and fun.