The February stories ordered solely on my personal tastes.
- ‘Lunch At The Loyola Arms’ by Stuart Dybek
- ‘The Most Girl Part Of You’ by Amy Hempel
- ‘The Proxy Marriage’ by Maile Meloy
- ‘Snow’ by Ann Beattie
- ‘The Metal Bowl’ by Miranda July
- ‘A Talking Cure’ by Justin Taylor
- ‘Turgor’ by Mary Gaitskill
- ‘The Sock’ by Lydia Davis
- ‘The Tree Of Knowledge’ by Henry James
- ‘Life After High School’ by Joyce Carol Oates
- ‘My Sister’s Marriage’ by Cynthia Marshall Rich
- ‘Reading Lessons’ by Edwidge Danticat
- ‘Northeast Regional’ by Emma Cline
- ‘Show Don’t Tell’ by Curtis Sittenfeld
- ‘The Hanging Of The Schoolmarm’ by Robert Coover
As always, join the conversation in the comments section below, on SSMT Facebook or on Twitter @ShortStoryMT.
Subscribe to the Short Story Magic Tricks Monthly Newsletter to get the latest short story news, contests and fun.