The February stories ordered solely on my personal tastes.
- ‘Brokeback Mountain’ by Annie Proulx
- ‘Daisy’s Valentine’ by Mary Gaitskill
- ‘Clara’ by Roberto Bolaño
- ‘The Wife’ by Jennifer Jordan
- ‘Counting Breaths’ by Rosemarie Robotham
- ‘Last Night’ by James Salter
- ‘Cafeteria’ by Isaac Bashevis Singer
- ‘- And The Moon Be Still As Bright’ by Ray Bradbury
- ‘Fedora’ by Kate Chopin
- ‘The Lynching Of Jube Benson’ by Paul Laurence Dunbar
- ‘Solo On The Drums’ by Ann Petry
- ‘The Stout Gentleman’ by Washington Irving
- ‘The Man Who Disliked Cats’ by P.G. Wodehouse
- ‘Water Child’ by Edwidge Danticat
- ‘The Lost Decade’ by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- ‘Living’ by Grace Paley
- ‘Between The Halves’ by John O’Hara
As always, join the conversation in the comments section below, on SSMT Facebook or on Twitter @ShortStoryMT.
Subscribe to the Short Story Magic Tricks Monthly Newsletter to get the latest short story news, contests and fun.