The March stories ordered solely on my personal tastes.
- ‘The Minister’s Black Veil’ by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- ‘Wakefield’ by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- ‘The Death Of A Government Clerk’ by Anton Chekhov
- ‘A Dead Woman’s Secrets’ by Guy de Maupassant
- ‘Her Letters’ by Kate Chopin
- ‘The Birth-Mark’ by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- ‘The Lightning-Rod Man’ by Herman Melville
- ‘The Pelican’ by Edith Wharton
- ‘Wild Frank’s Return’ by Walt Whitman
- ‘A Winter Courtship’ by Sarah Orne Jewett
- ‘My Friend Bingham’ by Henry James
- ‘The Haunted Mind’ by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- ‘Nanette: An Aside’ by Willa Cather
- ‘The Striding Place’ by Gertrude Atherton
- ‘Is He Living Or Is He Dead?’ by Mark Twain
- ‘The Maypole Of Merry-Mount’ by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- ‘Legend Of The Two Discreet Statues’ by Washington Irving
As always, join the conversation in the comments section below, on SSMT Facebook or on Twitter @ShortStoryMT.
Subscribe to the Short Story Magic Tricks Monthly Newsletter to get the latest short story news, contests and fun.