The June stories ordered solely on my personal tastes.
- ‘My Purple Scented Novel’ by Ian McEwan
- ‘Roman Fever’ by Edith Wharton
- ‘The Lotus’ by Jean Rhys
- ‘Playing With Dynamite’ by John Updike
- ‘A Family Man’ by V.S. Pritchett
- ‘The Brown Chest’ by John Updike
- ‘A Piece Of String’ by Guy de Maupassant
- ‘The Lovely Troubled Daughters Of Our Old Crowd’ by John Updike
- ‘Some Terpsichore’ by Elizabeth McCracken
- ‘Gesturing’ by John Updike
- ‘Manikin’ by Leonard Michaels
- ‘The Man Who Loved Extinct Mammals’ by John Updike
- ‘The Duchess And The Jeweller’ by Virginia Woolf
- ‘Change Of Treatment’ by W.W. Jacobs
- ‘Good Intentions’ by Etgar Keret
- ‘Graven Image’ by John O’Hara
- ‘To Those Of You Who Missed Your Connecting Flights Out Of O’Hare’ by Amy Hempel
As always, join the conversation in the comments section below, on SSMT Facebook or on Twitter @ShortStoryMT.
Subscribe to the Short Story Magic Tricks Monthly Newsletter to get the latest short story news, contests and fun.