The February stories ordered solely on my personal tastes.
- ‘Are You All Right?’ by Wendell Berry
- ‘Three-Ten To Yuma’ by Elmore Leonard
- ‘Talkin Bout Sonny’ by Toni Cade Bambara
- ‘Detroit Skyline 1949’ by Bobbie Ann Mason
- ‘Dalyrimple Goes Wrong’ by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- ‘The Terrapin’ by Patricia Highsmith
- ‘Something Nice’ by Mary Gaitskill
- ‘A Visit’ by Steven Millhauser
- ‘Sun City’ by Caitlin Horrocks
- ‘The Tin Butterfly’ by Mary McCarthy
- ‘Do With Me What You Will’ by Joyce Carol Oates
- ‘A Figure Of Speech’ by Tess Gallagher
- ‘Death Of A Favorite’ by J.F. Powers
- ‘Haircut’ by Ring Lardner
- ‘Ghost Patrol’ by Sinclair Lewis
- ‘I Walk Between The Raindrops’ by T. Coraghessan Boyle
As always, join the conversation in the comments section below, on SSMT Facebook or on Twitter @ShortStoryMT.
Subscribe to the Short Story Magic Tricks Monthly Newsletter to get the latest short story news, contests and fun.