The July stories ordered solely on my personal tastes.
- ‘Indianapolis (Highway 74)’ by Sam Shepard
- ‘The Years Of My Birth’ by Louise Erdrich
- ‘Community Life’ by Lorrie Moore
- ‘Désirée’s Baby’ by Kate Chopin
- ‘River Of Names’ by Dorothy Allison
- ‘Hellion’ by Julia Elliott
- ‘Who Am I This Time?’ by Kurt Vonnegut
- ‘May Queen’ by Mary Robison
- ‘The Mappist’ by Barry Lopez
- ‘Why I Like Country Music’ by James Alan McPherson
- ‘A Respectable Woman’ by Kate Chopin
- ‘Naked Woman Playing Chopin’ by Louise Erdrich
- ‘The Appropriation Of Cultures’ by Percival Everett
- ‘The Old Halvorson Place’ by Larry Woiwode
- ‘Strays’ by Mark Richard
- ‘Song On Royal Street’ by Richard Blessing
As always, join the conversation in the comments section below, on SSMT Facebook or on Twitter @ShortStoryMT.
Subscribe to the Short Story Magic Tricks Monthly Newsletter to get the latest short story news, contests and fun.