The October stories ordered solely on my personal tastes.
- ‘There Will Come Soft Rains’ by Ray Bradbury
- ‘The Hanging Stranger’ by Philip K. Dick
- ‘Landfill’ by Joyce Carol Oates
- ‘Closing Time’ by Neil Gaiman
- ‘A Resumed Identity’ by Ambrose Bierce
- ‘St. John’s Eve’ by Nikolai Gogol
- ‘Man From The South’ by Roald Dahl
- ‘The Terror’ by Guy de Maupassant
- ‘The Circular Ruins’ by Jorge Luis Borges
- ‘One Summer Night’ by Ambrose Bierce
- ‘A Vine On A House’ by Ambrose Bierce
- ‘Quitters, Inc.’ by Stephen King
- ‘The Beggarwoman Of Locarno’ by Heinrich von Kleist
- ‘The Boarded Window’ by Ambrose Bierce
- ‘A Baby Tramp’ by Ambrose Bierce
- ‘The White Maniac – A Doctor’s Tale’ by Mary Fortune
As always, join the conversation in the comments section below, on SSMT Facebook or on Twitter @ShortStoryMT.
Subscribe to the Short Story Magic Tricks Monthly Newsletter to get the latest short story news, contests and fun.