The November stories ordered solely on my personal tastes.
- ‘Offertory’ by Amy Hempel
- ‘A Summer Tragedy’ by Arna Bontemps
- ‘Who’s Passing For Who?’ by Langston Hughes
- ‘He Also Loved’ by Claude McKay
- ‘There Was Once’ by Margaret Atwood
- ‘The Cut-Glass Bowl’ by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- ‘The Cousins’ by Joyce Carol Oates
- ‘Until The Girl Died’ by Anne Enright
- ‘And/Or’ by Sterling Brown
- ‘Hunting The Deceitful Turkey’ by Mark Twain
- ‘The Jockey’ by Carson McCullers
- ‘Little Man’ by Michael Cunningham
- ‘Love Song, For A Moog Synthesizer’ by John Updike
As always, join the conversation in the comments section below, on SSMT Facebook or on Twitter @ShortStoryMT.
Subscribe to the Short Story Magic Tricks Monthly Newsletter to get the latest short story news, contests and fun.