The July stories ordered solely on my personal tastes.
- ‘Death And The Compass’ by Jorge Luis Borges
- ‘Why I Live At The P.O.’ by Eudora Welty
- ‘Cathedral’ by Raymond Carver
- ‘The Whole Town’s Sleeping’ by Ray Bradbury
- ‘Water Liars’ by Barry Hannah
- ‘A Case Of Identity’ by Arthur Conan Doyle
- ‘The Mystery Of The Spanish Chest’ by Agatha Christie
- ‘Coming Close To Donna’ by Barry Hannah
- ‘The Blind Man’ by D.H. Lawrence
- ‘Midnight And I’m Not Famous Yet’ by Barry Hannah
- ‘The Oracle Of The Dog’ by G.K. Chesterton
- ‘Even Greenland’ by Barry Hannah
- ‘Republica Y Grau’ by Daniel Alarcón
- ‘Good Boys Deserve Favors’ by Neil Gaiman
- ‘North Coast’ by Thomas McGuane
- ‘Trek’ by Barry Hannah
- ‘Cowardice’ by Abdeslam Boulaich
As always, join the conversation in the comments section below, on SSMT Facebook or on Twitter @ShortStoryMT.
Subscribe to the Short Story Magic Tricks Monthly Newsletter to get the latest short story news, contests and fun.