The December stories ordered solely on my personal tastes.
- ‘Bad Characters’ by Jean Stafford
- ‘The Possibility Of Evil’ by Shirley Jackson
- ‘The Loudest Voice’ by Grace Paley
- ‘Encarnación Mendoza’s Christmas Eve’ by Juan Bosch
- ‘The Discovery Of Christmas’ by Carson McCullers
- ‘The Christmas Turkey’ by Mário de Andrade
- ‘The Artist’ by Patricia Highsmith
- ‘Mortals’ by Tobias Wolff
- ‘Uncles’ by Peter Taylor
- ‘Santa Claus Is A White Man’ by John Henrik Clarke
- ‘The Cliff’ by Charles Baxter
- ‘Two Turtledoves’ by John O’Hara
- ‘His Final Mother’ by Reynolds Price
- ‘Sleep’ by Haruki Murakami
- ‘Rose’ by Mavis Gallant
- ‘On The Street Where You Live’ by Yiyun Li
- ‘All That’ by David Foster Wallace
As always, join the conversation in the comments section below, on SSMT Facebook or on Twitter @ShortStoryMT.
Subscribe to the Short Story Magic Tricks Monthly Newsletter to get the latest short story news, contests and fun.