The September stories ordered solely on my personal tastes.
- ‘Willing’ by Lorrie Moore
- ‘The Man Who Knew Belle Starr’ by Richard Bausch
- ‘A Father-To-Be’ by Saul Bellow
- ‘A Vermont Tale’ by Mark Helprin
- ‘The Five Wounds’ by Kirstin Valdez Quade
- ‘Nemecia’ by Kirstin Valdez Quade
- ‘Where The Mountains Are’ by Bill Barich
- ‘Seeing Clear’ by Cara Blue Adams
- ‘Sugar Babies’ by Kali Fajardo-Anstine
- ‘The Beautiful Mountains’ by John Cheever
- ‘Afternoon In Linen’ by Shirley Jackson
- ‘Sauerkraut Soup’ by Stuart Dybek
- ‘Our Lady Of Peace’ by ZZ Packer
- ‘Sunday Lunch’ by Nancy Hale
- ‘Benediction’ by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- ‘With Reference To An Incident At A Bridge’ by William Maxwell
- ‘Along The Frontage Road’ by Michael Chabon
As always, join the conversation in the comments section below, on SSMT Facebook or on Twitter @ShortStoryMT.
Subscribe to the Short Story Magic Tricks Monthly Newsletter to get the latest short story news, contests and fun.