The February stories ordered solely on my personal tastes.
- ‘A Family Supper’ by Kazuo Ishiguro
- ‘Filling Up With Sugar’ by Yuten Sawanishi
- ‘A Perfect Day For Kangaroos’ by Haruki Murakami
- ‘The Rocking-Horse Winner’ by D.H. Lawrence
- ‘Gómez Palacio’ by Roberto Bolaño
- ‘Two Gentle People’ by Graham Greene
- ‘The Confession’ by Leïla Slimani
- ‘A Family Like Any Other’ by Carlos Fuentes
- ‘The Kangaroo Communiqué’ by Haruki Murakami
- ‘The Adopted Son’ by Guy de Maupassant
- ‘The Lazy River’ by Zadie Smith
- ‘I Arrive First’ by Emma Jane Unsworth
- ‘Saint Julian The Hospitaller’ by Gustave Flaubert
- ‘Tell Them Not To Kill Me!’ by Juan Rulfo
- ‘The Switchman’ by Juan José Arreola
- ‘Kew Gardens’ by Virginia Woolf
- ‘The Hammam’ by Hervé Guibert
As always, join the conversation in the comments section below, on SSMT Facebook or on Twitter @ShortStoryMT.
Subscribe to the Short Story Magic Tricks Monthly Newsletter to get the latest short story news, contests and fun.