The May stories ordered solely on my personal tastes.
- ‘The Swimming Contest’ by Benjamin Tammuz
- ‘Waiting’ by Amos Oz
- ‘Success’ by Adriana Lisboa
- ‘The Earthquake In Chile’ by Heinrich von Kleist
- ‘Civil Peace’ by Chinua Achebe
- ‘Remnants Of Carnival’ by Clarice Lispector
- ‘Boule de Suif’ by Guy de Maupassant
- ‘The Third Bank Of The River’ by João Guimarães Rosa
- ‘Only Orange’ by Camille Bordas
- ‘Heirs’ by Amos Oz
- ‘A Passion In The Desert’ by Honoré de Balzac
- ‘How Old Timofei Died With A Song’ by Rainer Maria Rilke
- ‘The Baby In Pink Tarlatan’ by Joaõ do Rio
- ‘The Path To The Cemetery’ by Thomas Mann
- ‘XII’ by Nathalie Sarraute
- ‘Fly Already’ by Etgar Keret
- ‘Why I Became A Nightingale’ by Wolfgang Hildesheimer
As always, join the conversation in the comments section below, on SSMT Facebook or on Twitter @ShortStoryMT.
Subscribe to the Short Story Magic Tricks Monthly Newsletter to get the latest short story news, contests and fun.