The September stories ordered solely on my personal tastes.
- ‘Red From Green’ by Maile Meloy
- ‘Thirteen And A Half’ by Maile Meloy
- ‘Dido’s Lament’ by Tessa Hadley
- ‘What We Talk About When We Talk About Anne Frank’ by Nathan Englander
- ‘Lobster Night’ by Russell Banks
- ‘Tome’ by Maile Meloy
- ‘Aqua Boulevard’ by Maile Meloy
- ‘Miracle Polish’ by Steven Millhauser
- ‘Red’ by Maile Meloy
- ‘Grammar Questions’ by Lydia Davis
- ‘The Knowers’ by Helen Phillips
- ‘Spirituality; With Or Without A Prayer’ by Elmore Leonard
- ‘You Must Be This Happy To Enter’ by Elizabeth Crane
- ‘Diem Perdidi’ by Julie Otsuka
- ‘Watching Mysteries With My Mother’ by Ben Marcus
As always, join the conversation in the comments section below, on SSMT Facebook or on Twitter @ShortStoryMT.
Subscribe to the Short Story Magic Tricks Monthly Newsletter to get the latest short story news, contests and fun.