The April stories ordered solely on my personal tastes.
- ‘The Emperor’s New Clothes’ by Hans Christian Andersen
- ‘The Garden Party’ by Katherine Mansfield
- ‘The Dinner Party’ by Joshua Ferris
- ‘The Party’ by Anton Chekhov
- ‘The Red Bow’ by George Saunders
- ‘Ranch Girl’ by Maile Meloy
- ‘Stitches’ by Antonya Nelson
- ‘Communist’ by Richard Ford
- ‘Malta Sheffer’ by Nelson Eubanks
- ‘A Short Walk From The Station’ by John O’Hara
- ‘Disguised’ by Isaac Bashevis Singer
- ‘Incarnations Of Burned Children’ by David Foster Wallace
As always, join the conversation in the comments section below, on SSMT Facebook or on Twitter @ShortStoryMT.
Subscribe to the Short Story Magic Tricks Monthly Newsletter to get the latest short story news, contests and fun.