The November stories ordered solely on my personal tastes.
- ‘Love Letter’ by George Saunders
- ‘A Temporary Matter’ by Jhumpa Lahiri
- ‘The Lie’ by Maeve Brennan
- ‘The Dead’ by Joyce Carol Oates
- ‘The Lady With The Pet Dog’ by Joyce Carol Oates
- ‘The Clever One’ by Maeve Brennan
- ‘Going To Meet The Man’ by James Baldwin
- ‘Horses In The Night’ by Margaret Laurence
- ‘The Turn Of The Screw’ by Joyce Carol Oates
- ‘The Old Man Of The Sea’ by Maeve Brennan
- ‘The Metamorphosis’ by Joyce Carol Oates
- ‘The Devil In Us’ by Maeve Brennan
- ‘The Barrel Of Rumors’ by Maeve Brennan
- ‘Fern’ by Jean Toomer
- ‘John Inglefield’s Thanksgiving’ by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- ‘The Boy Who Painted Christ Black’ by John Henrik Clarke
- ‘Mouses’ by Thom Jones
- ‘Housewife’ by Amy Hempel
- ‘Where I Lived, And What I Lived For’ by Joyce Carol Oates
- ‘My Brother At The Canadian Border’ by Sholeh Wolpé
As always, join the conversation in the comments section below, on SSMT Facebook or on Twitter @ShortStoryMT.
Subscribe to the Short Story Magic Tricks Monthly Newsletter to get the latest short story news, contests and fun.