The January stories ordered solely on my personal tastes.
- ‘The Beginning Of A Long Story’ by Maeve Brennan
- ‘The Point’ by Charles D’Ambrosio
- ‘Guests Of The Nation’ by Frank O’Connor
- ‘Voices’ by Alice Munro
- ‘Dear Life’ by Alice Munro
- ‘The Enduring Chill’ by Flannery O’Connor
- ‘The Eye’ by Alice Munro
- ‘Armistice’ by Bernard Malamud
- ‘O Youth And Beauty’ by John Cheever
- ‘Real Estate’ by Lorrie Moore
- ‘Night’ by Alice Munro
- ‘The Trouble With Mrs. Blynn, The Trouble With The World’ by Patricia Highsmith
- ‘The Invisible Japanese Gentlemen’ by Graham Greene
- ‘The Slaves In New York’ by Tama Janowitz
- ‘Batman And Robin Have An Altercation’ by Stephen King
- ‘Tied In A Bow’ by Langston Hughes
- ‘The Stranger’ by Rainer Maria Rilke
As always, join the conversation in the comments section below, on SSMT Facebook or on Twitter @ShortStoryMT.
Subscribe to the Short Story Magic Tricks Monthly Newsletter to get the latest short story news, contests and fun.